Sunday, October 07, 2007

Pet Blessings

Bless All Creation
Blessed are you, Lord God, maker of all living creatures. You called forth fish in the sea, birds in the air and animals on the land. You inspired St. Francis to call all of them his brothers and sisters. ~ Franciscan Pet Blessing

Filipino animal lovers brought their beloved pets to church today for the annual pet blessing. Different kinds of pets such as dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, turtles, birds and other animals were blessed in some churches to celebrate the feast of St. Francis of Assisi. The annual blessing of pets is a wonderful tradition to pay tribute to St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals and ecology.

I think this is a wonderful tradition. I have a friend who brings her dog to be blessed in church every year. I love my dog Bruno and although I've never brought him to church for a blessing, I always include him in my daily prayers.

In relation, to pets, I would like to invite everyone to read my recently published article entitled Welcoming a Pet in the Family on Pinoy Moms Network (Home and Garden). I would appreciate if you could leave some comments there. Thank you very much.


Image source

post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40