Monday, December 31, 2007

Thank you Note and New Year's Wish

Thank you very much to everyone's concern and to those who prayed for my son. My husband and I were very worried because of Yohan's persistent high fever and decided to bring him to the hospital yesterday for some tests. Unfortunately, his pediatrician is on holiday so we couldn't bring Yohan to his clinic for a check-up but we knew we could show the tests results to Jules' grandfather, a retired pediatrician.

The urinalysis didn't indicate UTI. Yohan's CBC results show that his platelets are within the normal range. However, his WBC went over the maximum. We were told at the hospital that it was probably due to some form of bacterial infection. After consulting with Jules' grandfather, we were advised to give Yohan antibiotics for seven days.

I'm glad to tell you that since this morning, Yohan is not suffering from fever anymore. I really hope and pray that the fever will not come back. I'm afraid we won't be able to join Jules' family for the annual New Year's party but I know they would understand that Yohan still needs to rest.

We'll be celebrating the coming of 2008 at home. As I wrote previously, we have no firecrackers but the village will be preparing a fireworks display that we can watch from our house.

It's just a few more hours before another year comes. Let me leave you with a New Year's Wish ...

May God's blessings come in abundance for you and your family on 2008. May all the kindness you've shown this year come back to you in a thousand folds this coming year. Wishing everyone a safe, happy and fun New Year celebration!

post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40