Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yohanism #18


On our way to Yohan's school for his enrollment, Yohan noticed this man pushing a cart.


Yohan: "Look at those colorful birds mommy. Are they love birds?"

Me: "No honey. They are chicks."

Yohan: "But the only chicks I see are yellow. I've never seen colored chicks before."

Me: "Chicks are really yellow but that man colored them."

Yohan: "Really? Can we do that when we get home later? That's fun."

Me: "No, we can't because it's not good. Coloring the chicks might make them sick."

Yohan: "Who colored those chicks? That man?"

Me: "I'm not sure. Maybe."

Yohan: "Are those chicks going to die? Poor little chicks."

Me: "I don't think so. Don't worry, I'm sure they will be fine."

I told him this so he won't feel bad about the chicks. Yohan has always shown great empathy for animals and I know it would upset him if he learns that the chicks will not survive long in such conditions.


post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40