Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Heads or Tails #31


Learn more about Heads Or Tails here.
View More Heads Or Tails Participants.

edited: 11:15 p.m.

I made the mistake of posting the topic ~mother~ (below) which is scheduled for next week. I won't erase it anymore but I'll post the right one here.

Topic for this week:
Share a special memory

Today is the birthday of one of my best friends. His name is Lyonnel or Lye for short. I've known him for more or less twelve years. I met him in college when we became classmates in a summer class. It was the start of a beautiful friendship. I think of him as my silver lining because I met him during a low moment in my life. He brought back my smile.

I remember back in 1997, (we were already working at that time) I gave him a lovely birthday surprise. I had a special cake personalized specially for him. It was a replica of his car. You see, he was a car enthusiast ever since college. His first car was a customized fuschia Honda Hatchback with hydraulics. It was featured in many car shows.


I tied the box with a sheer purple ribbon and I wrote birthday wishes on it.


I ordered one large purple balloon and had a special birthday message printed on it.


I gave the cake shop a picture of his car and I asked them to copy all the details.
It even had his actual plate number.


I delivered the cake and balloon to his house while he was still at work. When he got home and saw the surprise, he immediately called to thank me. It felt wonderful to hear him tell me how happy I made him that day.

Lye and I are still best friends. We still see each other from time to time together with our respective families. I admit I miss those days when we use to spend more time together but I'm glad our friendship remains strong.


Happy Birthday Lye! I miss you.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 0 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Topic for next this week:
Mother

I'm very excited because my mother is coming here for a vacation next week. My Mom and Dad will be staying with us for a month. I haven't seen them in a few years and I can't wait to kiss and hug them soon.

post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40