Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday's Feast #13

Feast One Hundred and Thirty Four
Appetizer
What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?

I usually sleep past 1 a.m. It would be nice to have an earlier sleeping time, say 10:30 p.m. I usually have more time to blog at night when my son is sleeping so I tend to sleep late.

Soup
When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?

I think I give more advice than receive. I give advice to family and friends who seek some guidance and help. But I'm more often there to lend them an ear. I learned that sometimes listening alone means so much to a person. I'm careful about giving unsolicited advices because I don't want people to think that I'm sticking my nose in their personal business.

Salad
Describe a memorable meal you've had.

On our recent beach trip, my husband grilled some fresh fish, squid and pork. We had some grilled eggplant as well and some salted eggs (which I recently featured for my photo hunt). We were able to buy freshly caught squid from the fisherman we encountered at the beach. It was a simple meal but it was so memorable because of our beautiful surroundings.

Main Course
Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

This line is from the Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I'm sure many of you are familiar with this book. I love the story and how the author reminds us of the simple truths that we seem to forget as we grow older.

Dessert
What is your favorite type of fruit juice?

I love fresh mango juice. I prefer ripe mangoes but occasionally I order green mango shake at the restaurant.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40