Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Born in the Year of the Ox

I was born in the Year of the Ox. I came across this site and it says that ...

People born in the Year of the Ox (1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997) are patient, speak little, and inspire confidence in others. They tend, however, to be eccentric, and bigoted, and they anger easily. They have fierce tempers and although they speak little, when they do they are quite eloquent. Ox people are mentally and physically alert. Generally easy-going, they can be remarkably stubborn, and they hate to fail or be opposed. They are most compatible with Snake, Rooster, and Rat people.
Interesting! I think most of it are true except for the patient part. I hate to admit it but I'm an impatient person. Even as a child, I found it very hard to wait for Christmas Eve to open my parents. I would beg my mom if I could open a gift before Christmas. She would compromise by allowing me to open just one gift but the rest always had to wait. As an adult, I try my best to practice patience. My husband always tells me that there is always a right time for everything. As a mother, I try to be patient with my son. Although, sadly, there are times when I lose my cool.

I'm usually soft spoken and have a mild disposition. But when I get angry, sparks fly. Something I wish to lessen this year. I always feel guilty after venting my anger. I hope to change this because losing my temper always leaves me with a heavy heart.

Oh yes, the stubborn part is quite true. I can really be stubborn at times. When I was younger, I always felt compelled to get what I wanted even though it wasn't practical.

Today, I think I'm more mature. Being a mother has taught me to be more practical, reasonable, and realistic. I have learned to prioritize my son's needs before mine.

When I was younger, I hated failing. I was always very competitive. Back then, I also detested criticisms. I never showed how much I was affected but I would cry when nobody was looking. I took every criticism seriously. I don't know what happened but over the years, I have learned to overcome this weakness. I have learned to look at unfavorable comments as constructive criticisms Today, I try to use them for my own benefit. I'm thankful for constructive criticisms because they make me strive to develop and improve myself.

The year 2007 is the Year of the Pig (1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007).
People born in the Year of the Pig are chivalrous and gallant. Whatever they do, they do with all their strength. For Boar Year people, there is no left or right and there is no retreat. They have tremendous fortitude and great honesty. They dont make many friends but they make them for life, and anyone having a Boar Year friend is fortunate for they are extremely loyal. They dont talk much but have a great thirst for knowledge. They study a great deal and are generally well informed. Boar people are quick tempered, yet they hate arguments and quarreling. They are kind to their loved ones. No matter how bad problems seem to be, Boar people try to work them out, honestly if sometimes impulsively. They are most compatible with Rabbits and Sheep.

What year of the animal were you born in?

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40