Thursday, May 10, 2007

Win Win Situation

Yesterday, on our way home from watching Spiderman 3, I asked Jules about one of the characters, Gwen Stacy. I told him she looked very familiar. After a few minutes, it hit me that she was the same girl from the movie, The Village. Jules contested that it wasn't her. We didn't know her name at that time. I was so sure it was the same girl, so I asked Jules if he was willing to bet on it. He agreed on the spot. The stakes: If Jules won, I would buy him new badminton shoes. If I won, he would skip badminton on Thursday (today) and treat me at Cupcakes by Sonja's at Serendra.

The moment I got home, I went on-line to search for the cast of The Village and guess what ... I was right! The name of the girl is Bryce Dallas Howard. She both starred in the movies The Village and Spiderman 3. I won the bet! I was smiling and humming the whole evening. :)

Earlier today, Jules requested if we could go to Market Market first because he wanted to buy new badminton shoes. Fine with me. We left after lunch and I accompanied him shopping. He decided on Adidas which has the ankle support he badly needs. He has been experiencing some pain on his heel lately and the ankle support will be a great help.

At Market Market, I saw this cool shirt perfect for Mother's Day... I didn't hesitate to buy one for Yohan. :) There's also a version of I ♥ My Daddy but we only bought the mommy version.


Here are more cool shirts on display. Check out the red shirt. It says, "My Mom is HOTTER Than Your Mom. " So cool! Cute but I don't have the guts to buy one for Yohan. ha! ha!


Jules and I went to the store of Crocs at Serendra to buy some jibbitz. We bought 4 jibbitz: a blue crab, a four leaf clover, strawberry and a heart with wings. The crab is for Yohan's Crocs to replace the letter Y that got lost. The four leaf clover is for Jules while the two others are for Joan (a belated birthday gift).

New designs/styles just arrived and I couldn't resist buying a new pair. This is called the Cleo. I love it more than the Beach Crocs I bought before.


this hip, modern flop mixes style with comfort
After shopping, we finally stopped by at Cupcakes by Sonja's. We heard raves about this place and it was about time we try it for ourselves. Our verdict: Best cupcakes we have ever tasted!

We ordered ...

Vanilla Sunshine
- A fluffy and very soft yellow cupcake with vanilla buttercream on top.

Strawberry and Cream - Mouth watering cupcake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream on top.

Sonja, the owner of this remarkable place had once worked for the famous New York Magnolia Bakery. She has made good use of her training by putting up her own bakeshop at the posh Serendra Piazza.

I realized that even though I won the bet, it was a Win Win situation because we both had a lovely time!

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40