Tuesday, May 15, 2007

May 14, 2007 Elections

indelible ink on our fingers

Legislative and local elections were held in our country yesterday, May 14, 2007. The positions included for this election were half the seats in the Senate, Congressional seats, Governor, Vice Governor, Provincial Board seats (provinces only), Mayor, Vice Mayor, and City/Municipal Council seats.

The atmosphere was calm and peaceful as we casted our vote at our local public school. I noticed that there were printed pictures beside the names in the official list of voters. I think it's a good improvement and hopefully a good deterrent against flying voters. It was peaceful in our area but as I watched the news, I'm saddened to hear some people injured or killed because of election related incidents. Election returns are being tallied and I hope that election fraud and violence can be minimized.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40