Friday, November 03, 2006

Display of Emotions


It's amazing how the sky can transform from harsh and unforgiving to calm and peaceful. One moment the sky is enveloped in darkness and in minutes, the grey clouds slowly fade until they vanish completely.

The sky is just like the display of emotions. Sometimes I burst into anger when something significant upsets me. My husband says I have a short temper. I'm trying my best to work on that. Jules helps me prevent emotional outbursts by telling me to count from one to ten. It might seem a little silly and childish but it works for me. When I feel pent-up emotions ready to explode, I count from one to ten and somehow, it helps calm me down and gives me time to think before making a move. Although, I'm naturally impulsive, I try not to act on anger or frustration. I realized that whenever I do, I just end up regretting it at the end of the day. I don't like the feeling of having a heavy heart, so I try to remain in control of my emotions as much as possible.

When my emotions get the better of me, it just takes a few minutes for me to calm down. Sometimes, talking it over helps relieve the tension inside of me. Talking to a good friend or family can really work wonders.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40