Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Special Mother's Day

This year's Mother's Day is very special because I was able to celebrate it with my parents and my own family. It was a wonderful day spending quality time together and visiting family and friends. We visited Jules' grandma, my MIL, her twin sister and families, my cousins, my paternal grandmother and aunt, another grandmother (sister of my maternal grandmother) and family friends. We got home quite late. It was a tiring but wonderful day spent together.

Lunch at a Japanase restaurant.


Left: Yohan trying my Dad's camera Right: Yohan with my Mom and Dad.


Me, my mom and my son. A memorable Mother's Day.


My mom gave me this lovely red bag on Mother's Day. She said I have too many black bags already and a red one would be a nice change. I love it.


My son, Yohan gave me a "bouquet" of flowers on Mother's Day.


I also received a delicious mini blueberry cheesecake from my SIL, Chona and hubby Norman. I think it's sweet that Chona remembered my favorite cake.


Thank you to all my wonderful friends who greeted my Happy Mother's Day. Thank you for the e-cards and text messages.

I received many text messages (SMS) on Mother's Day and I would like to share this one in particular. I could really relate to the words ...

"As we grow older, our realization about life becomes deeper,
problems get bigger, situations become more complicated.

Don't you wish we cold go back to the time when our only
best friend was our mom, and she could heal everything
with a band aid and a kiss."


My parents and I were talking the other day and reminiscing about my younger years. It was heartwarming to hear my parents talk about those happy memories of my childhood.

They are still here but I'm already dreading the day that they need to go back to the States. I can't help but feel sad that their vacation will end eventually. I would like to spend more quality time with them as much as I can. I have a feeling that I will be very emotional when they leave. :(


post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40