Friday, May 30, 2008

An Evening of Celebration

I’m very happy and proud to have such loving and nurturing parents. They have always given my brother and me the best in life. My parents worked very hard to put us in good school. I’m grateful for my parents’ efforts, perseverance and sacrifices to make sure my brother and I were well provided for.

My Dad and Mom.

Many years have passed but my parents haven’t changed. They are still as loving and caring as they were when I was a child. They are blessed with thirty six years of love, friendship, understanding, patience and companionship. I’m so happy to have this chance to celebrate my parents’ 36th wedding anniversary with them.

We had a small celebration at home together with my husband’s family. We prepared a small feast of steamed prawns, crabs, Maya Maya fish, roast pork and my favorite local dish Kare-Kare. My husband and I bought the new Dulce de Leche cake at Red Ribbon and put a cute caricature of my parents as cake topper.

Jules cooking the prawns.


Ready to serve the crabs.


The small buffet.

We had overflowing desserts because my MIL brought leche flan, gelatin and macapuno while Jules’ aunt brought choco-banana. My SIL and BIL brought two cakes; my other SIL and Jules’ grandma brought assorted pastries.

It was a wonderful evening of good food and great company. My niece, Dee Dee filled the air with wonderful music when she played her violin. At first we were worried because it had been raining for several consecutive nights but on the night of my parent's anniversary celebration, the weather cooperated. It was a memorable night.

When there is a gathering of family or friends at the house, we always have it at our lanai at the garden. We have a small dining room which cannot accommodate many people. We plan to have some renovations done to our house in the future, which include extending our kitchen and dining area. We plan to enclose the lanai to convert it to a dining room. I’ve always wanted a long wooden dining table and a nice dining room buffet cabinet. I want the new dining room to have lots of space when we're entertaining family and friends. I saw a number of nice discount dining room buffet online and I was drawn towards a lovely hand painted buffet cabinet with pecan finish. I wish by the time we have our house renovation I could find good deals on dining room buffets.

post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40