Sunday, April 29, 2007

Silverlining Named Lyonnel

He didn't even have to say hi. It was those red lips and his big smile that got me.

I remember the first day I met him. It was the first day of summer classes. Oh how I dreaded that day because I just couldn't get over my darn luck. I flunked Quantitative Techniques (so did half of my classmates) earlier that term because I was foolish enough to enroll under a difficult professor. While other classes under a different professor had a breeze with their Quatech subject, we the unlucky ones were frying our brains under Mr. U. He flunked more than half of the class! The 0.0 on my course card was terrible but to find out that he was the same teacher for my summer class was a low blow. The words "Life is unfair!" repeated inside my head.

Little did I know that something nice was looming in the air. I was about to open the door of our classroom when someone beat me to it. This gentleman held the door open for me. Then I saw his face. He had a beautiful smile that almost caught me offguard. He seemed so full of positive energy.

That was the start of a wonderful friendship.

He made me feel very special. Those little things he did mattered so much. We always spent hours on the phone and he would often visit me at home.

He loved giving my surprises ... dozen roses, a lovely bag, a beautiful angel, a bamboo good fortune plant, chocolates, cakes and countless cards. Sometimes he would just turn up at my door to transform an ordinary day to a special one.

He said I was beautiful and even wrote it down on a post-it during class. I have kept that post-it every since and I even have it until today.

We became Best Friends.

Years have passed but we're still the best of friends. He is the godfather of my son, Yohan and I'm the godmother of his daughter, Alexa.

We don't see each other as often as we used to but whenever we do, the closeness is always there. Time and distance doesn't seem to put any strain in our friendship because we know that we can always depend on one another.



Happy Birthday Lyonnel! Thanks for coming into my life at the perfect time. You inspired me in more ways than you know. You're very important to me and you will always have a special place in my heart. God bless.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40