Thursday, March 01, 2007

Fairy Tales ...

Meredith (Grey's Anatomy):

"You know when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales? That fantasy of what your life would be -- white dress, prince charming who’dcarry you away to a castle on a hill. You’d lie in your bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, prince charming -- they were so close you could taste them. But eventually you grow up and one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is, it’s hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope and faith that one day they would open their eyes and it would all come true."

I've mentioned in one of my memes that I still believe in fairy tales. I must admit, when I became an adult and came face to face with the reality of problems and responsibility, the idea of a fairy tale faded ... but it hasn't disappeared completely.

When I was a lil' girl I dreamed of meeting my prince charming who will save me from the evil witch who has trapped me inside a lonely castle.

When I was growing up, my definition of a fairy tale changed. I longed for a lavish life ... millions of cash, jetsetter life, countless designer clothes, shoes and bags, multiple platinum cards, luxury cars and beautiful houses in all parts of the world. Wow, a fairytale indeed!

As I became more mature, I realized that I've been pining for the stars. I told myself, I can still be happy without those. Life, after all, is not about quantity of riches but quality of life.

Today, I see a fairy tale as a way of learning to live in reality with determination, hope and a little bit of faith that life has a lot more in store for you.

I'm blessed to have a beautiful and caring family, good health and a comfortable life. I thank God for that each day. It's a fairy tale good enough for me.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40