Monday, February 05, 2007

Monday Madness

This week's questions come from karen. Great questions, Karen!

Before anything else, I'd like to be honest and let you know that I rarely cook. My husband is the chef in our house. I'm hopeless in the kitchen but I'm glad my husband has been gracious enough from the start of our marriage to make the kitchen his domain. But I still think I can answer these questions based on my few cooking attempts. :)

1. What is your favorite main course to prepare?
I'm afraid my cooking prowess only includes side dishes, snacks and desserts but not main courses. LoL.

2. What is your favorite side dish to prepare?
Definitely, mashed potatoes. I love it and it's easy enough for me to make it.

3. Do you like to bake? If so, what is your favorite?
I love the idea of baking but I haven't done a lot of baking to qualify a "yes" answer. But I remember making caramel tarts. I made it several times for some friends and they loved it.

4. What one dish would you like to learn to cook?
My favorite local dish called Kare-Kare.
Kare-kare is a Philippine stew or curry. Oxtail, with the skin on and cut into 2" lengths and ox tripe are boiled until tender. In some varieties, other meats are used, such as pork or chicken. When the ox parts or meat are tender the soup becomes glutinous and to this is added ground roasted peanuts (or peanut butter), ground roasted glutinous rice to make the soup thicker. Atsuete (annatto) is added to give it color. The basic vegetables for kare-kare are the very young banana bud heart (puso ng saging), eggplant, stringbeans, and pakchoy (pechay). Kare-kare is served hot with special bagoong alamang (sauted salted shrimp fry). source
5. What is your worst cooking disaster?
I tried making lasagna before and it didn't turn out the way I wanted to. I never tried again. :)

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40