Friday, February 23, 2007

Cinemas Apart


Jules and I went to the movies last Wednesday. My heart was set on Music and Lyrics starring Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore but he wanted Ghost Rider starring Nicholas Cage.

I suggested we just go ahead and watch the movies we wanted.

Separate cinemas!?

It felt weird but I thought why let one sacrifice. So Jules bought two tickets ... one for Music and Lyrics and the other for Ghost Rider. It was the first time we've ever done such a thing.

I wonder, is it a bad sign for a married couple?

It felt weird going inside different cinemas. No familiar seatmate, no one to hold my hand during the romantic scenes and nobody there to share my popcorn with. But you know what, we both went out of the theatre contented 'coz we were able to watch the movies that we wanted. I loved Music and Lyrics and he enjoyed Ghost Rider. Yet, we both agreed each movie would have been better if we watched it together.

The ending? We agreed not to go to separate cinemas again.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40