Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My BIL's Birthday

My brother-in-law, Keats celebrated his birthday last Wednesday, September 3. We had a simple and cozy dinner at my in-laws' place that night. My mother-in-law wasn't able to join us because she is currently in the States on vacation. Yaya Lolita cooked the nice dinner below.

Pancit (asian noodle dish), kare-kare (made from peanut
sauce with a variety of vegetables, stewed oxtail, beef, and tripe)
and apple pie (baked by my hubby).



Last Saturday, September 6, my BIL served merienda (snack) at his place. It was an extension of his birthday celebration so to speak.

Pancit Palabok (rice noodles with thick, golden shrimp sauce
with assorted
toppings like shrimp, ground pork rind,
hard-boiled egg, smoked fish flakes
and minced green onion).


Dinuguan (pork blood stew).


Puto (rice cake) - it is the partner of dinuguan.


Another local kakanin with grated coconut on top.


A birthday cannot be complete without a cake.


One of the fun activities of the evening was videoke.
This is a photo of Yohan and his Ninang Chona singing
"I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing."


post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40