Monday, September 01, 2008

Weekend Snapshot #40

To join this weekly meme, click here.

3D Movie and More

I was still thinking of what family activity we could do during the weekend when I read Lady Cess' post about her family's experience watching Dinosaurs 3D, Giants of Patagonia. I've never watched a 3D movie in a theater before and it got me very excited about the idea. I immediately told my hubby about it. Jules didn't hesitate because he knows how much our son loves dinosaurs.

Jules, Yohan and I went to Mall of Asia last Saturday to watch the 3D movie. We didn't have reservations but I'm glad we were able to get good seats at IMAX theatre. I read that the best seats are the center seats on the top most rows (M,N,P,Q). We were lucky to secure seats at row M.


Assured that we already have tickets for the movie viewing set in the afternoon, the three of us looked for a nice restaurant where we could have lunch. We decided to eat at Burgoo. Jules ordered seafood pasta,I ordered grilled pork chops and Yohan chose chicken fingers.






Seafood Linguini
(A combination of baby shrimps, calamari, clams, New Zealand
mussels and cubed fish fillet on a bed of Linguini pasta.)


Grilled Pork Chops
(Two thick but tender pork chops, seasoned with
Italian herbs, grilled to perfection.)


Chicken Tender Fingers
(Tender all-white chicken strips, breaded with our
special seasoned mix, then quickly fried.)


My boys had fun drawing on the huge paper. I like how the restaurant puts a huge paper on the tables instead of the usual table cloths. You can practically draw anywhere on your table. It's great for kids ... big and small. Ha ha!


Yohan is a huge fan of Wall-E. His Dad bought this cute Wall-E toy for him at the mall. Our little boy was very happy. He asked Wall-E to join us for lunch. :)


The highlight of our day was watching the 3D movie, Dinosaurs, Giants of Patagonia at IMAX Theater. We were so excited because it was our first time at IMAX and it was also our first time to watch a 3D movie.


There was a small display of prehistoric fossils including that of a dinosaur head at the IMAX lobby. Yohan was very interested in them. Yohan has always been interested in dinosaurs in fact he has a lot of toys and books about these prehistoric animals.


We were handed out these cool over sized 3D glasses for the ultimate 3D movie experience. I told my son to expect the film to come alive.

The 45-minute 3D experience was amazing! The movie is a blend of scientific facts and brilliant CGI images. It was incredible how things literally went out of the screen. I could almost swear the dinosaurs were right in front of me. I saw my son reaching out in front of him trying to touch the images. To tell you the truth, I felt the urge to do the same. :)



When IMAX opened in the Philippines a few years ago I read about its outstanding 20m x 33m 8 stories high Wide Screen and its amazing digital surround sound system. I realized reading about it is not enough. You really have to see and experience it to know how it truly feels.


We had a tiring but great day. We witnessed the cool fireworks at the mall after having dinner and we took that as a cue to call it a day and head home.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40