Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dad Can Do Better

You know - fathers just have a way of putting everything together.
Erika Cosby (1965-) Daughter of Bill Cosby US actor / singer

Yohan loves his uncles' model robots so I decided to buy him one after class. Yohan wanted me to build it right away while waiting for the school van.

Yohan:
Mom, please put it together.
Me:
I don't know how. Let's ask Daddy to do it later.
Yohan: Just look at the instructions.

Yohan struggled a bit with the word instruction but as his mom, it was easy for me to understand him. I realized Yohan is maturing fast when he told me that I can do it as long as I follow the instructions. It made me smile.

Just like the famous line, "Saved by the bell" the school van came in the nick of time. Yohan didn't push it any longer.

When we got home, Yohan was very excited to show his Dad his new toy. It was a 1/144 scale model. It had a lot of pieces that need to be assembled. Jules started doing the model right away.

I made the boys some microwave popcorn. They both enjoyed eating the popcorn. Jules quietly assembled the model while Yohan would break the silence every 15 mintues or so to ask, "Is it finished?"



After 1 1/2 hours of putting together the pieces, the model was finally finished. Yohan was very happy. His Dad went to bed to take a nap, a little tired but he didn't complain. It was enough to see our boy happy.


There are just some things that a Dad can do better.

post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40