Serendipity is putting a quarter in the gumball machine and having three pieces come rattling out instead of one—all red.I believe in Serendipity. There are times when something nice and unexpected comes along to brighten my day. Here are a few random moments of unexpected delight ...
- Peter H. Reynolds
1. Failing to secure a slot in the class I wanted only to find out later that the professor for that class flunked 3/4 of the students.
2. Feeling bored when an old friend surprisingly calls to ask if he could come over to my place (with pizza and drinks).
3. Finding a great book that costs half of the original price in a book sale.
4. Going on-line on yahoo messenger almost the same time as my close friend whom I haven't spoken with for a while. Perfect time for a chat.
5. Finding a P500 bill inside my old bag that I thought of using for the day.
6. Feeling a little low and finding a bar of chocolate inside the refrigerator.
7. Getting an unexpected discount on a pair of jeans.
8. A little low on funds and remembering I still have P1,200 e-cash debited to my Rustan's FSP card which I could use in the store.
9. Waiting patiently in a long queue when the cashier at the next freshly opened counter calls my attention to be her first client.
10. Learning about the sale a little late but delighted to find the shoes I wanted still on sale and the last pair was my exact size.
Would you like to share some of your serendipitious moments?