Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I Believe in Serendipity

Serendipity is putting a quarter in the gumball machine and having three pieces come rattling out instead of one—all red.
- Peter H. Reynolds
I believe in Serendipity. There are times when something nice and unexpected comes along to brighten my day. Here are a few random moments of unexpected delight ...

1. Failing to secure a slot in the class I wanted only to find out later that the professor for that class flunked 3/4 of the students.

2. Feeling bored when an old friend surprisingly calls to ask if he could come over to my place (with pizza and drinks).

3. Finding a great book that costs half of the original price in a book sale.

4. Going on-line on yahoo messenger almost the same time as my close friend whom I haven't spoken with for a while. Perfect time for a chat.

5. Finding a P500 bill inside my old bag that I thought of using for the day.

6. Feeling a little low and finding a bar of chocolate inside the refrigerator.

7. Getting an unexpected discount on a pair of jeans.

8. A little low on funds and remembering I still have P1,200 e-cash debited to my Rustan's FSP card which I could use in the store.

9. Waiting patiently in a long queue when the cashier at the next freshly opened counter calls my attention to be her first client.

10. Learning about the sale a little late but delighted to find the shoes I wanted still on sale and the last pair was my exact size.

Would you like to share some of your serendipitious moments?

post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40