Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Heads or Tails #4


Learn more about Heads Or Tails here.
View More Heads Or Tails Participants.


September 11: TAILS - Your reflections or memories of the 9-11 terror attack.

I recall...

My husband and I just got home from a night out with friends. Before going to bed, Jules decided to watch TV. I was already upstairs when I heard him calling frantically for me to go down to watch the news. I was half way down the stairs when he said that a plane just hit the World Trade Center (Twin Towers) in New York. I couldn't believe it. It happened so fast as we watched the chaos on TV. Another plane hit the World Trade Center which eventually caused the massive structure to fall down.

I wasn't able to watch the rest of the news as I hurried to the phone to call my family in New York. I couldn't get through and decided to go online instead. My cousin happened to be online and I requested if he could ask my brother to call me because I was worried. My parents and my brother all live in New York and I feared for their safety.

My brother called me and said everybody was fine. I felt my racing heartbeat slowly returning to normal. I was relieved to hear everyone was safe.

It was a sad and tragic day. It was heartbreaking to see so much destruction and lives lost. I kept glued to the TV hoping for more survivors. I prayed for everyone who got hurt and those who perished in that catastrophe. I thanked God for keeping my family safe.

post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40