Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Heads or Tails #6

Learn more about Heads Or Tails here.
View More Heads Or Tails Participants.


The theme this week: HEADS - Pet(s)

I love dogs and I've had a few wonderful pet dogs over the years.

1. Spotty - She was my first dog. I'm not sure how old I was when I got her, but I was probably nine years old. I remember my cousins and I were so excited when we found out that our Lola Helen was going to give us a puppy of our own. She let each of us pick one puppy from the litter. Everyone wanted a pure white puppy. I noticed one had Spots and knew she was the one. My Dad asked me if I was sure about my decision and I said yes. We brought the puppy home and called her Spotty. She's was a mixed Japanese Spitz. She lived for 12 years.

2. Bunny - She is the offspring of Spotty. Unlike her mom, Bunny was white as snow. She reminded me of a white fluffy rabbit, thus I named her Bunny. She was more temperamental compared to Spotty but I loved her just the same.

3. Miko - As a puppy, he was a cute bundle of energy. He almost died from a virus when he was a puppy but with prayers and lots of tender loving care, he survived and lived a good life.
This picture was taken several years ago. My son was around two years old.
Yohan loved playing with his furry pal, Miko.


I remember how hard it was for me when he was operated because of stones. I cried when I left him at the clinic of the vet. I couldn't sleep that night thinking he must have been scared of the strange environment. He was confined at the clinic for a few days and I visited him everyday. He continued to have a quality life after that. My furry friend passed away on June 10, 2006 and I dedicated this to him ~ An ode to Miko.

4. Bruno - He's a wonderful and affectionate black Labrador. Jules' brother gave him to us as a gift. We had him trained by a professional when he was just several months old and he won 2nd place at a local dog show several years ago.

We love taking Bruno for a walk around the village.

Bruno is very gentle and my son adores him. Bruno's favorite game is fetching tennis balls.

post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40