Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Get Together with College Friends

I had a nice get together with my college friends after Christmas. Our little party was hosted by Mare at her posh condo at Bonifacio Ridge.

It was a potluck dinner. Jules and I brought Rosemary Roasted Chicken, Joy brought Pasta in White Sauce and Mare prepared Stufffed Squid and Roasted Pork. Phen brought sinfully delicious Chocolate Cake and Sylvannas while Chary made her famous Buko Pandan. Len gave away assorted Fudge Brownies.

I was so caught up with our wonderful chitchat that I totally forgot to buy a box of Krispy Kreme across the street. It was already closed by the time I remembered. Good thing, Mare served a box of Krispy Kreme donuts so I didn't feel all that bad. I can always buy some next time.

We had a great time catching up on each other's lives. Some of them, I haven't seen for a while so it was a perfect time for discovering things we missed about one another. It was a merry night of infectious laughter and fun chatter. Of course, we did all that in between bites of delicious food. :)

Funny how we all decided not to bring the kids with us so we could have more time to bond with each other without worrying what our little ones are doing on the side. We also didn't have trouble staying late because we know the kids were home safe. We ended the night exchanging wonderful presents.

It was a lovely evening spent with great friends.

The night, however, had some moments of sadness when Len told us that our College friend, Michelle had passed away recently in the States. She died of Cervical Cancer. We will miss her fun company, cute laughter and child-like voice. Rest in peace dear Michelle.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40