Monday, September 04, 2006

Farewell Crocodile Hunter

I was shocked to hear on the evening news that Steve Irwin, also known as the Crocodile Hunter was killed by a stingray while filming off the Great Barrier Reef.

It's a very unfortunate event but at least he died doing what he loved most in life.

I will always remember for his favorite catchword, "Crikey!"

I enjoyed watching his funny antics on TV but I was appalled when he subjected his few month old son to a perilous act. He was seen feeding large crocodiles in a zoo while he held his infant son in one harm. Although Irwin claimed that there was no danger to his son, I think it was a huge mistake on his part. He must have learned from that mistake because there was no repeat incident.

Steve Irwin was a passionate environmentalist. I admire him for his dedication to preserve nature. He will be missed by many including me.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40