Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yohanism #24


Yohan was anxious to see my x-ray. He first learned about x-ray from one of Barney's episodes but he has never seen an x-ray film yet. I had a recent x-ray and he was excited to see the x-ray films I brought home.

First I showed him my chest x-ray. He was amazed.

Yohan: "Wow, that's your skeleton mom."

Me: "Yes it is."

Yohan: "Can I have an x-ray too?"

Me: "You don't need one right now. I had an x-ray because my doctor told me to. "

He gave me a sad look but he didn't insist.



Me: "I have another x-ray to show you. It's an x-ray of my head."

Yohan: He looked at it for a while then said, "You look ugly without your skin and hair."


More about my x-ray: I had been experiencing shortness of breath and prolonged cough and colds that's why I went to the doctor for a check-up last week. He prescribed some medicines and requested for a chest x-ray and Water's View. It's the first time I had a Water's View. It's actually an x-ray of the facial structure to see if there's a problem with the sinuses. I got the results of my x-ray yesterday. My chest x-ray came out normal but it seems I have some problems with my sinuses. I'm scheduled for a follow up check-up this afternoon and I will bring the x-ray results for my doctor to see. I feel better because my cough and colds are completely gone and I can breathe normally now but I'm still a little worried. I've never been fond of going to the doctor.

post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40