Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fighting Off Flu

It was tough having the flu. I was weak and down for almost a week. My temperature was high and I had constant stomach ache. I lost my appetite when I was sick. I should have known better than to drink medicine on an empty stomach. It took two to three days before the stomach aches disappeared. I found it hard to sleep with the stomach pain troubling me. Learning my lesson, I had to force myself to eat something before drinking my medicines. As if on a terrible cue, I had a bad case of cough when my temperature went back to normal. I was very weak and stayed in bed for several days. I didn't even have the energy to open my computer. After five days, I was feeling better but I had to continue resting to avoid any relapse.

One of the worse things of being sick is not being able to kiss and hug my son. I had to put some distance between us to make sure he wouln't catch the flu too. I'm thankful that the flu didn't transfer to any members of our household.

I admit that I'm such a big baby whenever I'm sick. I crave for attention and I want to be taken cared of. Good thing hubby was kind enough to give me the TLC that I needed during those moments.

After a long absence at the gym, my body's immune system must have gown down. I learned that it is important to eat healthy and maintain some form of good exercise. I remember when I was younger, it seemed easier to get over the flu after a couple of days. Now that I'm older, I realized my body is not as resilient anymore. It takes longer for me to fight off sickness. I need to take better care of myself.

post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40