Friday, August 29, 2008

More About My Medical Check-Up

Thank you very much for all your kind words on my previous health post. I truly appreciate your concern.

I was supposed to see two doctors (pulmonologist and ENT) last Thursday but I missed the ENT doctor. I will see him next week. That makes my sinus problem hanging at the moment.

My appointment with the pulmonologist pushed through. He requested that I take another lab test, the Pulmonary Function Test (PFT). It was my first time to go through one. The test involved a lot of breathing into a mouthpiece which was hooked up to a computer. The test measures how much and how fast the air is moving in and out of the lungs. Got the results the same day and upon analysis I was diagnosed with mild asthma. :(

My mom has asthma but I've never had it when I was young. I didn't realize that I could still develop asthma as an adult. I guess that explains my shortness of breath in the past few weeks. The doctor prescribed this ...


I was also advised to start a regular exercise routine. Hubby is urging me to play badminton with him at least once a week.

post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40