Monday, September 11, 2006

Michael Schumacher's Retirement


Many have been saddened by Michael Schumacher's retirement announcement on F1 ... and that includes my husband Jules.

Jules was downstairs watching F1 on TV until dawn. I was still on the computer when he went upstairs to break the news of Michael's retirement.

It's confirmed, the seven-times world champion Michael Schumacher, who drives for Ferrari will retire from Formula One at the end of the season.

Michael S. was quoted saying, "This has been an exceptional time for me. Motorsport has given me some amazing moments. I have loved every single moment, the good and bad ones. Those make life so special. To finish in style has been fantastic."

I personally admire him not only for his prowess on the racing circuit, but for his extreme generosity. I remember hearing the news of his overwhelming donation to the tsunami victims in Asia. He donated $10 Million dollars to the tsunami victims. He lost his bodyguard and friend Burkhard Cramer who was killed in Phuket because of the tsunami.

I believe that Michael S. will become a renowned legend in driving.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40