Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cold Days Of December

The temperature is getting cold; a sign that Christmas is coming soon. I heard that in some countries it has already started to snow. I can imagine how the children love the first snowfall.

I'm sure the kids are excited to build a snowman at the front yard. I heard that dressing up a snowman is a fun activity that the whole family can enjoy. My idea of a snowman has top hat, button eyes, carrot nose and stick hands. I think a snowman would look good with a colorful scarf and matching gloves. What's your snowman like?

I bet when it gets really cold, the kids come running back inside the house to get warmed up beside the Electric Fires and asking for hot chocolate. I remember just how soothing hot chocolate can be on a very cold day. When I was young, I loved how my mom used to make cups of hot chocolate with mini marshmallows for the whole family during the cold days of December.

I love the thought of family members sharing stories near the Hole in the Wall Fires. I also like the idea of roasting marshmallows on Gas Fires. Those are just a few bonding activities that you can do. Exchanging stories, seeing the smiles and hearing the laughter of everyone in the family make staying at home during a cold day worth it.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40