Saturday, February 21, 2009

Anime: Yesterday and Today

Did you know that the word Anime is a Japanese shortened term for Animation? I often hear the word Anime referring to Japanese cartoons or characters. I realized that I have already been exposed to Anime when I was a young girl. I remember how my brother and I were so hooked on watching Voltes V in the early 80s. Voltes V was dubbed in English when it was shown in the Philippines. It was later on dubbed in Tagalog. Voltes V stopped airing a long time ago but it has remained alive in the hearts of fans.

Today young children have many favorite anime characters like Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Card Captors, Hamtaro and Bakugan. Anime has become so popular that you can now see them everywhere. You can watch Anime on TV and DVD. There are also many Anime magazines, toys and video games available in the market.

If you are into Anime, you can meet other Anime enthusiasts through Anime Chat. The site is a perfect place for Anime Lovers to converge and chat. Meet new and interesting friends. You can meet interesting people who share the same passion for Anime. Share your favorite Anime characters, magazines, programs, toys and more.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40