Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sad News

A sad morning.

I read the text of my bestfriend regarding our friend's condition. Our friend has viral encephalitis which explains the swelling of her brain. Her doctor said that some of the neural functions that she has recently lost might be irreversible.

Sadly, my friend is experiencing memory loss, speech problems and uncoordinated motor movements.

I wasn't able to visit my friend at the hospital because I don't want to pass anything to her. Since I'm sick myself, it's not wise to risk my friend's frail health.

As soon as I get a clean bill of health, I plan to visit her. I hope that there will be positive progress on her condition by then.

Looking back ...

She was so full of life.
She was always out of the country, travelling and having the time of her life.
I just couldn't believe that in a glimpse, things changed.

I pray that things will get better for her.
It's hard to accept that she will never be back to her normal self.

Life is so unpredictable.
It made me realize that I should be grateful for what I have now because it could be gone in an instance.

I always hear and read the phrase, "Live life to the fullest."
Now, I'm convinced that everyone should embrace life and make the most of it.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40