Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Rather Rude Remark

Yesterday was first day of Yohan's enrollment but hubby and I weren't able to make it to his school so we decided to do it today. Jules, Yohan and I also made plans of watching a movie after enrollment.

Just today when I was enrolling my son, the guard told me, "Ma'am lalo po kayong tumataba (Ma'am you've gotten fatter)." Ouch!!! It somehow really, really, really ruined my day. Did he seriously believe we're close for him to say that?! I think it was utterly rude. I neither smiled nor frowned at him but I acknowledged his remark by saying, "Ah, ganun ba (Is that so)? I didn't bother to know if he had an answer to that. Well, it's true, I gained a lot of weight but to come from someone I'm not close to irritated me.

There's this saying, "If you can't say anything nice about someone, it's better not to say anything at all." Do you agree?

Good thing, the teacher handed me Yohan's report card and 2 awards so my day was saved. More on this happy note in another post.

post signature

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40