Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Mission Complete!

FRIDAY. Jules found out from his badminton buddy that McDonald's is featuring the characters of the Disney movie, Cars in their Happy Meal.

Good thing we still haven't bought the die cast Image Hosted by ImageShack.us. Everytime, we would check it out at Rustan's, we were always told that it was sold out for the day and advised to come back some other time.

That was a blessing in disguise. The small die cast was around P300 each. For that amount, we could get 3 or 4 Happy Meals already. So it turns out we're able to save money and get to collect more cars.

SATURDAY. A little rain didn't stop us from bringing Yohan to McDonald's Tanauan.

I ask, "Who among the cars are still available?"
"Lahat po ma'am," replied the girl.

Music to my ears ... I wanted to go panic buying and get it all at once. ha! ha! As always, I have the penchant to buy things on impulse.

Thank goodness for Jules. He told me that it might give Yohan the wrong idea. Yohan might think that he could complete the Happy Meal toys in one visit. Instead of teaching him patience, buying all the cars at once might teach him the opposite. I thought to myself, it does makes sense and Jules is right.

Defeated, I order 3 Happy Meals. Yohan chose Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us and Image Hosted by ImageShack.us.

SUNDAY. We got Image Hosted by ImageShack.us at McDonald's Petron SLEX drive thru on our way home from Paranaque. Kirby joined in the craze and ordered one for himself. But alas, Lightning McQueen has been sold out. Ramone was also out of stock. He got Sally instead.

Now, that was disturbing. It seems the cars are selling like hotcakes. Time to implement stronger tactics to get my pratical husband to fold and see my logic. ha! ha!

MONDAY. When his Lola Dol found out that Yohan loves Cars, she gave Yohan P200 to buy more. I just added another P100 and I was able to buy the remaining four Cars namely Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us and Image Hosted by ImageShack.us .

I haven't forgotten Jules' morale of the story and vowed to keep the new cars a secret from Yohan for the mean time. We'll give it to him one at a time. We'll let him wait a little more patiently unlike his mom.

Everybody happy.

Mission Complete!

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40