Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stylish Patio Furniture

Summer is a perfect time to take advantage of the sunny weather. It's nice to spend more time outdoors. I personally like spending time at the garden and lanai. When the weather is nice, I like to entertain guests at the lanai because of the relaxing ambiance.

We have a small covered lanai with patio furniture. Two weeks ago, I had some college friends over. The weather was perfect so we spent the day at the lanai. My hubby cooked several dishes and my friends brought some dessert and wine. Our lanai can be accessed through a sliding door from the dining room which makes it easy for guests to get food from the dining table and back outside. I really enjoyed that get together because my friends also brought their families with them. My son had a great time playing with the other kids. I brought out a bamboo mat and some toys for the kids. They had a wonderful time playing outdoors while my friends and I enjoyed a good chat.

The lanai is one of my favorite areas in the house. I like the open space surrounded by plants and flowers. I would like to make our lanai more appealing by adding one of those patio umbrellas. I would also love to replace some of the plastic chairs with stylish wicker furniture.

1 comment:

Heart of Rachel said...

This sounds great. I think I will give it a try.
-Alex

We need to rebuild our deck this summer and then I can get some new furniture for it.
-Tammy

I wish I had a patio here and beautiful garden too. hehe...but I don't like gardening, so every once a month somebody clean the mess of my garden for me. Not really a garden just fill with grass and couple of trees :)
-henny

I love a nice patio set. It's so relaxing on a warm night just to sit back, relax and enjoy nature.
-Maria@Conversations with Moms

it's really fun to have friends over, isn't it? :)
-mikky

i am making my garden now, no idea yet as to how i will develop it, but i'm planning of a semi-lanai style...
-sheng

I bought a porch swing last year and we love it! It's a good investment for beautiful weather. :)
-CrAzY Working Mom

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40