Rules: Post any question on your blog on a Friday, share your answer and sign Kailani's Mr. Linky. Then have fun answering the questions of fellow participants by visiting their blogs.
What are some of your New Year traditions?
Here are a few random New Year traditions that we practice in the family.
- When I was a young girl, my mom would always let me wear something with polka dots to symbolize good luck.
- We do a general cleaning of the house before New Year.
- There are always 13 fruits on the table, preferably round ones every New Year to symbolize prosperity.
- We put coins in our pockets on New Year, another symbol for prosperity.
- Last year, we started celebrating New Year firecracker-free.
- For a safe New Year celebration, we don't buy firecrackers anymore (not that anyone in the family had a bad experience or anything). Instead, we welcome the New Year making noises using trumpets and playing loud music.
- We watch the fireworks display at our village.
- Our family welcome the New Year by giving one another a kiss and a warm embrace.