Sunday, November 01, 2009

Good Riddance Typhoon Santi

Typhoon Santi brought strong rains and howling winds over the past few days. The village Trick or Treat was rained out. Kids were able to make a few rounds but persistent rain discouraged most of them from visiting the rest of the houses.

I'm glad that Typhoon Santi has left the country. Today is All Saints Day and we have been blessed with good weather. We were able to go to the cemetery to pay respect to our departed loved ones. Filipinos traditionally pay respect to the departed every Nov. 1 and Nov. 2.

post signature

5 comments:

odette said...

hello rach, i'm glad all's well in the philippines again! take care always!

louann said...

I am very thankful that Santi came and left right away! Glad to your safe.

Alice Teh said...

I'm glad to know all of you are OK. Typhoons are no fun.

I was mountain climbing and it was raining too. :(

witsandnuts said...

I was worrying over Santi, too. As they say, he came like "fast but furious".

Maria @ Conversations with Mom said...

I'm really happy its gone as well and that you are safe.

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40