Thursday, March 05, 2009

Foot Joint Pain

I haven't been playing badminton for three weeks now. It started when my badminton coach became busy helping a group of college students get ready for the STRAA event. On that same week I started feeling a peculiar pain on my foot. I immediately thought that the pain was a result of my earlier badminton game. Perhaps I failed to do my regular stretching before the game or I wasn't able to do the proper cooling down exercises.

The pain on my foot persisted for a week. My friend said it might be an early sign of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). I dismissed my friend's comment, thinking it couldn't be possible. I thought only older people experience RA. Then it hit me, who am I kidding? I'm not young anymore. In fact, in just a few weeks, I'll be turning thirty six. Oh my, where have all the years gone by? This made me re-think my friend's comment.

Honestly, I didn't know much about RA until my nurse friend explained that it's a disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints. I usually feel the pain when I stand up after a long period of inactivity. The pain is tolerable but it's a great inconvenience. I had to stop playing badminton for a while because of the persistent pain. Good thing it hasn't really affected me mentally nor emotionally.

The thing I like about ads for RA medication is showing how proper treatment can bring back the quality of life. If I were to make my own ad, I would like to feature real people who have successfully overcome RA.

After consulting a doctor who happens to be a family friend, I was advised to take Celebrex 2x a day for several days to relieve the pain on my foot. Thankfully, the pain I felt for three weeks has subsided.


Post?slot_id=33601&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40