- It’s never too late to start exercising. I’m thankful that I found the motivation to walk and run around the village.
- 8K is possible after all. Who knows, maybe I have the strength and endurance to run/walk up to 10K.
- Biking is fun. I just bought a mountain bike and I’m rediscovering how fun it is to be on two wheels.
- It feels great to lose weight and enjoy shopping again. When I was overweight, I was always frustrated when I go shopping for clothes. I just hope I can maintain my weight now.
- I can finally wear dresses again.
- Getting gray hair is not the end of the world. Thank goodness for hair coloring products.
- I have the best parents in the world. They are kind, understanding, generous, and selfless. I love them very much.
- I admire my brother for being so wise and responsible in life. I may be older than him but sometimes he’s more like my kuya.
- My yaya (nanny) has taken care of me since I was a baby. I’m blessed that she chose to stay with me all these years.
- I'm thankful to have a loving, supportive, and kind husband. He gives me strength and hope.
- I have a wonderful son who inspires and motivates me to face challenges and continue dreaming.
- Home is where the heart is. I realized that there’s no better place than home.
- Life is not perfect but once you overlook at the imperfections, you’ll realize that life has so many beautiful things to be grateful for.
- Life is a learning process. There's always something new worth discovering and exploring.
- Disappointments are part of life. Learn from your mistakes. When you fail, there’s no harm in trying again. As long as there’s life, anything is possible.
- I cannot please everybody. It’s a waste of energy to get rattled by what other people think of you.
- Focus on the positive things in life.
- I haven’t conquered my fear of heights but I gathered the courage to ride the Ferris wheel and the roller coaster. I’m still hoping to experience the zipline.
- I love happy endings. I will always be a romantic at heart.
- People come and go but real friends are there for keeps.
Friday, March 29, 2013
40 Random Things (Part I)
Today I turn 40. It's another milestone in life that I'm grateful for. Let me share 40 random things I've learned, realized, and discovered in this lifetime.