Friday, March 29, 2013

40 Random Things (Part I)

Today I turn 40. It's another milestone in life that I'm grateful for. Let me share 40 random things I've learned, realized, and discovered in this lifetime. 
  1. It’s never too late to start exercising. I’m thankful that I found the motivation to walk and run around the village. 
  2. 8K is possible after all. Who knows, maybe I have the strength and endurance to run/walk up to 10K.
  3. Biking is fun. I just bought a mountain bike and I’m rediscovering how fun it is to be on two wheels. 
  4. It feels great to lose weight and enjoy shopping again. When I was overweight, I was always frustrated when I go shopping for clothes. I just hope I can maintain my weight now. 
  5. I can finally wear dresses again.
  6. Getting gray hair is not the end of the world. Thank goodness for hair coloring products. 
  7. I have the best parents in the world. They are kind, understanding, generous, and selfless. I love them very much. 
  8. I admire my brother for being so wise and responsible in life. I may be older than him but sometimes he’s more like my kuya. 
  9.  My yaya (nanny) has taken care of me since I was a baby. I’m blessed that she chose to stay with me all these years. 
  10. I'm thankful to have a loving, supportive, and kind husband.  He gives me strength and hope.
  11. I have a wonderful son who inspires and motivates me to face challenges and continue dreaming. 
  12. Home is where the heart is. I realized that there’s no better place than home. 
  13. Life is not perfect but once you overlook at the imperfections, you’ll realize that life has so many beautiful things to be grateful for. 
  14. Life is a learning process.  There's always something new worth discovering and exploring.
  15. Disappointments are part of life. Learn from your mistakes. When you fail, there’s no harm in trying again. As long as there’s life, anything is possible.
  16. I cannot please everybody. It’s a waste of energy to get rattled by what other people think of you. 
  17. Focus on the positive things in life. 
  18. I haven’t conquered my fear of heights but I gathered the courage to ride the Ferris wheel and the roller coaster. I’m still hoping to experience the zipline. 
  19. I love happy endings. I will always be a romantic at heart. 
  20. People come and go but real friends are there for keeps.
post signature

3 comments:

Photo Cache said...

happy birthday.

i really appreciate that you show appreciation to your yaya.

Heart of Rachel said...

@Photo Cache: Thank you very much. My yaya is a real blessing. I treat her like a second mom.

Alice said...

Happy birthday, Rachel! May all your wishes come true! Keep up the good work with the exercise. :)

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40