How To Make Red Wine Apple With Ice-Cream
1. Boil around half a bottle of red wine and 1/2 cup of sugar in a saucepan. Add 1 cinnamon stick and 2 tbsp of grated ginger.
2. Peel some apples and put them in the boiling mixture.
3. Let the apples absorb the red wine mixture. Simmer until the apples become a little tender.
4. Remove the apples from the saucepan and let them cool for a while.
5. Whip pre-chilled all purpose cream.
6. Core the apples cooked in red wine.
7. Put whipped cream inside the hole of the apple using an icing decorating tube or bag. If you don't have one, you can simply use a spoon to fill the hole with whipped cream.
8. Place a scoop of ice-cream (preferably vanilla) beside the apple.
9. Crush some toasted cashew nuts (you can also use almonds) and add them on top of the ice-cream.
10. Put some honey as a finishing touch. This is step is optional.
11. Serve it immediately. Enjoy!
I enjoyed this dessert. I appreciate my hubby's gesture. My son didn't eat the apple but he enjoyed the ice-cream part. :)