For our son's recent birthday celebration, hubby made a simple 3-tier cupcake tower from scratch. It was fun and relatively easy to do. Even the birthday boy helped out.
Interested to make your DIY cupcake tower? Here are the materials and simple steps.
You will need:
2 large Styrofoam boards
2 even sized Styrofoam squares
ruler or measuring tape
decorative paper (or fabric)
long and thin wooden stick (BBQ stick can be used)
1. Cut 3 Styrofoam squares measuring: *8x8, 10x10 and 12x12. Use a ruler or measuring tape to get precise measurements. Use a marker when making measurements so you can easily cut the proportions using a cutter.
2. Cover the Styrofoam boards and squares with decorative paper or fabric. For paper, you can use craft glue. For fabric, it is better to use glue gun.
3. Connect the pieces using wooden sticks. You also have the option to glue them permanently.
4. Clean the surface of the tiers. You can gently wipe the decorative paper or fabric with paper towel. Arrange the cupcakes starting from the last level going up.
* You can also use round Styrofoam boards or ready made cake boards measuring: 1×8″, 1×10″, 1×12″. Replace Styrofoam squares with cylinders.