Sunday, December 10, 2006

Pineapple Carrot Cake


Jules made a Pineapple Carrot Cake last week. It was very good. We shared it with my in-laws and cousins. Jules got favorable remarks for his cake.

Jules is a novice baker. He is showing a lot of interest in baking lately. I'm thrilled because I get to taste his delicious baked goodies first.

I now know what to get him for Christmas ... a nice mixer. I can't afford the Kitchen Aid mixer that he wants but I found a good one. It's much cheaper and I'm sure it will serve its purpose. It's an Oster mixer with a chrome mixing bowl. I saw it at S&R when we went shopping the other day. I haven't bought it yet. I'll get it the next time I go shopping.

I think it's a perfect gift because Jules has been doing a lot of baking lately. I always see him use his old manual mixer. Actually, I don't even think it can be categorized as a real mixer but he uses it to stir different types of batter. I know he will be happy to finally get an electric mixer to save him time and make his batter more consistent. It will also lessen the stress on his hands because he doesn't have to manually mix anymore.

Here is the recipe of the cake that Jules made. Enjoy!

Pineapple Carrot Cake

Cake
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups oil
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanila
2 cups finely grated carrots
1 cup undrained crushed pineapple

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 225-gram pack cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped cashew nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 13x9x2-inch rectangular pan. Set aside.

Sift together the first 4 ingredients. In a bowl, combine the oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients then the carrots and pineapple. Mix until well-blended. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes or until done.

Prepapre Cream Cheese Frosting. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla and continue beating until of spreading consistency. Frost top and sides of cake with frosting. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill before serving.

[Recipe source -The Maya Kitchen: The Complete Guide to Baking]

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=b51e87937c706bf37c4aa8ee59fa3a40