Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Combine 1 1/2 oz. tequila, 1 oz. fresh lime juice, ½ oz. triple sec, 1 tsp. sugar [optional] in a blender with ½ cup ice. Blend until slushy and pour into a cocktail glass [or a margarita glass, if available] rimmed with coarse salt*.
*to rim glass with salt, pour salt into a small dish, dip rim of chilled glass into salt.
Friday, March 10, 2006
It has triumphantly described my habitual inclinations and
You Have a Melancholic Temperament
Introspective and reflective, you think about everything and anything.
You are a soft-hearted daydreamer. You long for your ideal life.
You love silence and solitude. Everyday life is usually too chaotic for you.
Given enough time alone, it's easy for you to find inner peace.
You tend to be spiritual, having found your own meaning of life.
Wise and patient, you can help people through difficult times.
At your worst, you brood and sulk. Your negative thoughts can trap you.
You are reserved and withdrawn. This makes it hard to connect to others.
You tend to over think small things, making decisions difficult.
|You Are an Apple Pie|
Those who like you crave security
Thursday, March 09, 2006
- Hello Kitty collection - I've always been a sanrio fan since i was little esp Hello Kitty. Now that I'm all grown up, I still have my old Hello Kitty collection and I still sometimes find some Hello Kitty stuff irresistable. Thus, my collection continues to grow.
- Scents - I love different kinds of scents - colognes & perfumes. I have several of them namely Romance by Ralph Lauren, Polo Sport, Ralph by Ralph Lauren, Gio Armani, Sunflower by Elizabeth Arden, Happy by Clinique and lots of Victoria Secret cologne spray.
- Precious Moments doll - I've given away all of my old dolls except this one. She's special. Her name is Genina Bianca. My ex named her. :)
- My Ralph Lauren bags - I love them but I admit I'm longing to have a LV bag but couldn't afford it right now. If I had enough money to spare, I will splurge on a nice LV bag plus matching wallet.
- TAG Heuer and Technomarine watch - The Tag was my mom's gift back in college and the TM was her bday gift to me a few years ago. I love my colorful TM gel straps and denim strap.
- Lacoste backpack - I never liked backpacks before but when i got this one, i realized backpacks come in handy. It carries more stuff compared to my handbags and gives me more freedom to move around.
- Photos - printed and PC stored - They are priceless!
- Lacoste shoes - Best walking shoes i've ever owned.
- Havainnas - I'm so grateful for the "slippers fad". I can practicially wear my havainnas anywhere. I have two pairs. I want to buy a new pair of havainnas soon.
- Julia Fordham CDs - I love her songs. She has great sad love songs that I could very well relate to. I watched her concert when she went here a few years ago.
- Heart shaped ring & earrings - My current favorite pieces of jewelry.
- Butterfly & Bee pendants - So cute! They make me feel young.
- Dulcinea's Chicken Ala King - I never fail to order it when i'm at Dulcinea.
- Becky's Kitchen Blueberry Cheesecake - The best cheesecake I've ever tasted. What started out as a small bakery has now become widely known in the country. There is often a long queue when you visit their store. The wait is surely worth it.
- Sugarhouse Carrot Cake - I got hooked on carrot cake ever since my friend Tech urged me to try a slice.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
I have twenty eight first cousins on my mother side alone. I'm closest to Aileen who happens to be the same age as I am. We grew up together and share many nice childhood memories.
I have a close relationship with most of my cousins although I'm not very close to the younger ones because we seldom see each other. The younger generation were born and brought up in America so we rarely have the chance to bond but it doesn't mean that we can never be close. There's always time to catch up.
It's nice to belong to a big family. There's always somebody there ready to cheer you up and encourage you. I never feel alone because I know someone will always be there to help me when I fall and keep me from going astray.
We share almost everything ... both trivial and serious events in our daily lives.
We're not afraid of being honest with one another.
We don't have to see each other everyday to maintain what we have. Every time we see each other, it always feels as if we've just seen each other yesterday.
Listening is important to us. We both take turns doing it.
We think alike. Sometimes while we're talking, I realize in midsentence, that we're thinking of the same thing.
I can be myself when I'm with you. No need to worry about good impressions or things like that because I know you accept me for what I am ... imperfections and all.
You may not always agree with me, but you make it a point to give me a chance to express my thoughts and actions.
When I feel as if the whole world is against me, I turn to you. You never let me down.
We marvel about how long we've been best friends and hope for more years of great friendship.